No announcement yet.

Does anyone street ride anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I want to do across the country trip, should have done it when i was younger. Be a few years before we will be able to, but wife and I will do it.

Have a COntinental Divide trail ride planned for a couple years with a good friend as well, looking forward to that. I Used to be hardcore sportbike/race track only...now i am all about exploring different kinds of bikes and riding.
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

I retired 3 years ago and I really upped my mileage since then. Summer is a great time for racing and track days but fall is my favorite time to be on a bike! Seeing the Rockies with the bright yellow Aspen trees mixed in with the dark evergreens never gets old!

Comment

Originally posted by jswisc View Post
        I retired 3 years ago and I really upped my mileage since then. Summer is a great time for racing and track days but fall is my favorite time to be on a bike! Seeing the Rockies with the bright yellow Aspen trees mixed in with the dark evergreens never gets old!
        A couple of experiences have taught me and my wife that we aren't waiting for retirement to do some of the things we want....but yeah time is always a problem. I farm so of course am busiest in spring and fall, lots to do in summer as well. Someday I will do a New Zealand or Australia trip as can do them in the winter.
        Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

I'm sort of obsessed with light packing now....work on packing as little as possible to keep the bike light...have a lot of work to do there. When i want to do my dirt trip, we are going to camp...but want to stay as light as possible.

Comment

I rode up and visited some friends in Canada, I don't know why, and it doesn't make sense, but it was a special feeling to ride a motorcycle in another country. I plan to do that again.

Might be in Mexico on a bike this winter if the border is open, and all goes well!

Comment

I still street ride but I've scaled back a bunch this season.

So far the most riding I have done was on my BMW out west as a "jump vehicle". Meaning I park my truck and camper at the campsite and ride my motorcycle to points of interest or places to eat in the area.

I've got some good gopro of smooth twisties in national parks like Glacier, North Cascades, and Olympic.
              2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
              2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Wife and I's dream is a sprinter van camper van that you can slip the bike in the back. Drive to various places then ride in the area. Don't know when it will happen, but that's the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post

If I head north, I enjoy 187 and 55 up to Crab&Jacks (formerly Wild Wolf Inn) grab some eats and watch the kayakers get thrashed in the rapids right from your table. Neither of the places are about the destination, it's about the ride to get there.
                  I wound up on 187 last time out that way, kind of on accident but it was empty and now I have it on my list to go back.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I had another deer scare early spring that really made worried of roads.

Was riding at dusk (forgot how early it got dark still) so it was really my fault but was going the speed limit or even a little under. Big doe hops right out, I have no chance and I hit it right at the base of the skull. Severed it's spine and maybe jugular, blood spewed everywhere. I somehow kept my SV upright and straight (light bike, but slamming the front down under braking must have kept it planted).

At least I'm one for one when hunting.

A friendly guy came with his buddy and helped finish the job as the poor, dumb thing was twitching and slowly bleeding out. Traumatic experience all around.

It's a catch-22. More traffic means less deer, so cars are an issue. Conversely, more rural areas you get deer. I'm almost preferring the traffic as cars are more predictable than deer.

Where I live now, we have nice fast highways, so it is hard to resist the urge to squid style bomb down the interstate, which I occasionally do now.

Comment

Not even safe on track any more. It's all the Covid's fault...

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2JLFyTbcYjq3JXvm8

160ish Sunday colors just starting to turn.

Comment

Working...
                        X