Fall color ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall color ride

I think we may have missed the peak by a couple of days, many of the reds were fading to brown already. 160ish miles. Rode down to the Mississippi River, through, Perrot State park, and lots of twisties along the way.

<iframe src="https://a.rever.co/embed/rides/2054182" width="700" height="700"></iframe>

Few pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qarxTbNPN3eQ1g4v7
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Yeah, the weather was W-A-Y too nice on Friday to be trapped inside, so a buddy and I took the day off and rode 300ish miles; Southern Kettle Moraine, then up to the Grumpy Troll in Mt Horeb for lunch. The wind was howling, but still a great day for a color run!
    Motovid CR
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
    2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
    2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

We kayaked in the morning here in town, then I went out from here to Johnsonville for the brat sign, there's some leafy areas in between. Was nice even if not perfect, and nice to get a ride in, haven't been able to for the last 1.5 month or so. Little chilly with the wind later in the afternoon.

I saw maybe 1 sportbike, couple sport tourers (FJR1300s I think), a few adv bikes and loads of cruisers/baggers.
      Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I rode with a few people on Saturday. The weather was fantastic. We drove up from Northern IL catching the KMSD in LaGrange and following it up to Erin. Had lunch at the BBQ Co Grill and reversed the route back home. About 200 miles round trip. I'd like to explore the Northern Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive section. It looks more interesting than the Southern section. That's a really long ride on the RC51 though.

Comment

Originally posted by derekcb View Post
          I rode with a few people on Saturday. The weather was fantastic. We drove up from Northern IL catching the KMSD in LaGrange and following it up to Erin. Had lunch at the BBQ Co Grill and reversed the route back home. About 200 miles round trip. I'd like to explore the Northern Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive section. It looks more interesting than the Southern section. That's a really long ride on the RC51 though.
          If you are going to put the miles on....go to SW Wisconsin, you truly can hardly go wrong south of Hwy 10, West of 94, even crosses into parts of MN and Iowa. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of ridges and twisties roads, bluffs next to the river, ect. If you are going to invest in the miles, head that direction!
          Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

Just the number of low traffic miles of twisty roads in that part of the country i think has to rank SW WI as one of the better riding area's in the country. Certainly in the midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
              Just the number of low traffic miles of twisty roads in that part of the country i think has to rank SW WI as one of the better riding area's in the country. Certainly in the midwest.
              I've been out between New Glarus and Mt. Horeb before and I agree the roads were great. I would definitely like to do more discovery out there. I may need a different ride though. My body doesn't appreciate the miles on a sport bike anymore. Maybe a naked or adventure. Kawasaki released their 2021 Versys line-up intro videos today. It piqued my interest. Of course so did the Ducati announcement of the V4 Multistrada production line. So many cool new options out there. I just need a higher paying job, or one less college student to start buying toys again...

Comment

I have to say, I am loving my Triumph Trophy! It is no sport bike, but sporty enough to be fun, and comfy enough to eat the miles, even 2 up!

Comment

98986C68-036E-47FA-891A-EE46CD8AFE10.jpeg Sunday was another great day to ride. Headed north from East Troy with a couple of friends. We went as far north as Beaver Dam, then faded west to Portage and Baraboo and finally took the ferry across the Wisconsin River at Merrimac. We usually head W to the driftless area but the colors around Baraboo were killer. Looks like it’s going to be heated jacket time for this weekend!
                  Last edited by jswisc; 10-12-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                    I have to say, I am loving my Triumph Trophy! It is no sport bike, but sporty enough to be fun, and comfy enough to eat the miles, even 2 up!
                    I recently saw a couple FJR1300s in the wild, in town and out. Might be the same guy actually, come to think of it. Anyway, he certainly had no problem flicking around in town and the bike even *looked* like it was pulling, if that makes sense. Stock exhaust, so super quiet.
                    I have to say I have a mild fascination for those bikes now.
                    Matt J., Appleton
                    2015 Yamaha R3
                    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Matt-J2 similar with the CBR1100XX's and the newer Cowasaki C14...big, heavy, sporty, musclebikes.

derekcb trailer out to SW area. Ride. gas up. Ride. Eat. Ride. Trailer home.
                      (look for hwy P as well)

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Blackbirds, not sure I've seen one of those in the wild.
                        Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post
                          Oh yeah, I forgot about the Blackbirds, not sure I've seen one of those in the wild.
                          kind of rare, but not "rare". super comfy, 130hp, 560 lbs, low center of gravity...they can even do a track day. ask me how I know.

Comment

I've seen a couple do pretty well in the twisties of southwest WI.

1000cc of testosterone

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
                              kind of rare, but not "rare". super comfy, 130hp, 560 lbs, low center of gravity...they can even do a track day. ask me how I know.
                              That sounds pretty nice
                              Matt J., Appleton
                              2015 Yamaha R3
                              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                              X