Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Focus based pickup truck in 2021, $20K.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Focus based pickup truck in 2021, $20K.

Going to be real easy to load a bike into the back of this thing.

Racing and track day fans are going to love this.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/09/...#slide-1299738

Unfortunately everyone else might point and laugh but I'll think it's cool.
    John K - Appleton

If this comes out here for real I might have to look at it. I've wanted something in the truck world, but closer in size to the older Ranger and S10 types.

My 1990s garage has room to spare on each side when two 90s era cars are parked in it, less so with two 2010s cars parked in it.

Unless I buy a boat, in which case I'll obviously need an entire planets worth of towing capacity, just in case.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Your assuming its gonna be able to carry/tow anything more than a 1000lbs. Betting the "bed" isn't even gonna be 4'.
      Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
      ASRA # 141 EX
      RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Buy the little truck that you want, then adjust your 'want' for the boat!

All set
        https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2019...a300l-6596706/

Comment

You know what they say about the two happiest days you have with a boat. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

I might actually be cheaper to just store it up at a location where you are going to use it than to have the larger car payment for the tow vehicle.

Or, get a small jet boat. I know they suck gas, but they are so light and fun.
          Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
          LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
            Your assuming its gonna be able to carry/tow anything more than a 1000lbs. Betting the "bed" isn't even gonna be 4'.
            They really camouflaged that test truck well. Can't tell if it's a crew cab. If it is, yeah that would be a pointless tiny bed. But if they do a proper 2 seater I would guess the bed would be at least 5 foot, which would be useful as a bike hauler with the gate down. Might be a decent bed size...

focus-pickup-1.jpg

I picked up one of the new Rangers recently. But if this existed, I might have considered it. Pulling a single bike around it's not like I need the 7500 lbs towing capacity.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

I always liked the Subaru Brat, and the newer version Subaru came our with in the early 2000s. I can't remember what it was called. I don't care if it can haul anything. I just like the way they look.
              Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
              LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Who can forget the Brat. The seats in the back were so much fun. I rode in those seats in once when I was a kid. Kids would fight over who gets to ride in the back. Imagine if they were able to pull that off again today. You'd have to think there's some sort of law preventing it but maybe it would be possible with seat belts.
                John K - Appleton

Comment

Seats in the back?

Luxury.

(cue 4 Yorkshiremen sketch)

I have nothing useful to add otherwise.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

The Subaru BAHA was the later one.
                    i think the seats were optional, but they had seat belts.

Comment

I looked up the Baja. That was basically the crew cab version of the Brat. The plus is you put your kids in the back seat and they don't catch air when you fly over a bump. If I recall, lawsuits about the 2 bed seats were the undoing of the Baja. (Damn people are idiots - bed seats are an assumed risk. I need to be a judge so I can throw dumb lawsuits out) The minus is, with the 2 back seats you basically get the useless 3 foot bed skipper was talking about.

So, we need the Brat brought back, with seats in the bed, a roll cage around the seats and 5 point harness to keep the kids in when you catch air - and the seats need to be easily removable so we can put a bike back there. Oh and while I'm dreaming, it comes from the factory with a wheel chock in the bed and an integrated ramp built into the gate. Sound good?
                      John K - Appleton

Comment

And I would require the WRX performance option. The stock Subaru 2.0 or 2.5 motor is a bit wessey. Oh and a 6 speed manual transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
                          Going to be real easy to load a bike into the back of this thing.

Racing and track day fans are going to love this.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/09/...#slide-1299738

Unfortunately everyone else might point and laugh but I'll think it's cool.
                          Fords replacement for sedans???? Wow society is getting bad with trucks and suvs.

Comment

Would take a nice small pickup. Needs at least a big enough box for a pallet. 99.9% of truck use can be done with that truck.

My next truck will actually be a medium duty truck. Pick ups are to damn expensive, you can pick up a nice medium duty truck for 10-15K Put a flat bed on and a goose neck for hauling cattle. Hell of a lot cheaper to run then a pickup. Maintenance will be way cheaper and can put tons of miles on them.
                            Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkmoto View Post

Fords replacement for sedans???? Wow society is getting bad with trucks and suvs.
                              THink that's bad, how about this?

mustanfsuv.jpg

Take a look at the badge on the front.

Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                              ASRA # 141 EX
                              RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Working...
                              X