YouTube channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube channels

I have gotten to like FortNine he is a slightly hipster, but tolerable. Lots of decent gear/basic maintenance stuff.

Any other good Moto YouTube channels?
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

The nice thing with FortNine is you can tell there's a crew working on it. The style might not be for all but they always look just a bit more professional than a lot of other channels.

I've watched quite a few reviews from TheMissendenFlyer, though while I am subscribed, I don't watch everything. He's a little older than some of the other motovlog crowd (though it's surprising the age range you find if you look) and there are complaints he never really says anything bad about a bike. Which, is kind of true, but he also tends to ride a lot more laid back so some of the common complaints just don't come up. Neat thing, if he gets a long term loaner or owns a bike he goes a little more in depth about wet/dry performance, lighting at night, overall ownership costs like insurance/maintenance, etc. He's in the UK so not all applies but still neat.

Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I don't subscribe to any, but I like Doug Demuro's car reviews. He's just a regular guy who happens to hop inside, review and drive some of the worlds most rare and expensive cars.

His story is kind of interesting. He started out with reviews of a few slightly more expensive sports car reviews. He got to be well known to the point where more people were comfortable reaching out with their big dollar cars. Then he got his own specialized work dollar commercial use insurance for cars he reviews. (no $ limit, costs him $20K a year) From there it snowballed to the point where oil sultans in the Middle East would fly him there to review their new one of a kind 5 million dollar Koenigsegg.
      John K - Appleton

Comment

^^ Doug is kinda fun to watch. Check out the Vector W8 review. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WEhsS9ybwk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
          ^^ Doug is kinda fun to watch. Check out the Vector W8 review. lol
          Thanks. I loved the Vector when it came out and even got the poster which is ~2'x4.5' which, like the car, was very unusual dimensions for something at the time. So I watched this vid and learned a lot about the car.

To the side, where there are links to other videos, Doug also reviews the Ford F-650.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHDeSMvnt4
          This was amusing to me because in the last week someone in the neighborhood now has one.
          1000cc of testosterone

Comment

I can't stand watching Doug. He's like nails on a chalk board to me. I requested that YouTube stop recommending me his videos.

I used to really like the Motorcyclist Magazine MC Commute videos but this new guy...no thanks, I stopped watching those too.

I watch 650ib just because of all the crazy stuff he puts on bikes. Not much for quality riding on his channel though....just guys doing 'smackdowns' on crazy expensive bikes.

TT Races Official is a good channel...puts out some well produced stuff. They don't upload a ton though.

Josh Herrin has his own channel and randomly puts out new stuff about what he's doing. Hasn't posted anything in the last 2 months...but for a while he was putting up videos every week or so.

MCRider is interesting sometimes, mostly for beginners but there is some more advanced stuff on there. He's also a guy that is easy to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by EchoRomeoCharlie View Post
              I used to really like the Motorcyclist Magazine MC Commute videos but this new guy...no thanks, I stopped watching those too.
              Agreed completely. In fact after watching his MC Commute on the 2020 R1M, I was so pissed off at his riding that I wrote a letter to Motorcyclist about it, asking why they would publish video of this moron continuously breaking the speed limit (at times reaching 100+mph) and passing on the right in exit lanes. Never heard back but will not watch any more of his MC Commutes either.

The new guy doing MC Garage is pretty good though.
              Motovid CR
              2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
              2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
              2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

So if you liked Zach on MC Commute and Ari on MC Garage and both of them on stuff together, they're now at Revzilla. Not a ton of videos yet but there's articles and some other content from them.

IIRC once Covid settles down and they get gear and such sorted Zach is going to be doing MC Commute style videos for them. Ari has been doing tech questions on his Instagram on Sundays, and now he does written articles of that content as well.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                X