No announcement yet.

Chicago IMS show = Feb 7 - 9, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ wazookie - yup, a number of us go. its disorganized at best, but many of do make the trip.
    Giordanos is a must! Even if you hated the show...do the pizza!!

Comment

got a new email today: use code EMLCO20 for your $5 discount! Code Valid Through 01/02
      sigpic

Team MSB Racing
      Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
      CCS MW expert #310
      2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

For what it's worth,have an offer here at the shop, $4 off online order, $2 at the door.

Comment

So anyone going?
          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
          ASRA # 141 EX
          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow evening.

Comment

Anything fun there this year?
              Matt J., Appleton
              2015 Yamaha R3
              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

The show overall is getting more and more disappointing every year. None of the Euro manufacturers were there. I saw Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Harley and Indian. The new CBR1000RR-R was cool but roped off so you couldn't sit on it. No BMW, Ducati, Aprilia, MV, KTM or Triumph.

There was a section devoted to Adventure Travel and the BDR (Back-country Discovery Route) group was showcasing a new video. The BDR routes are cool, but disappointing that there's nothing in the Midwest.

Otherwise, it was the typical custom showcase and usual suspects for vendors. If I didn't need a new set of custom-molded ear plugs I probably wouldn't have gone.

Comment

Ahh, gotcha. Triumph was at least there last year. I thought about going anyway just to see a Yamaha T7 and maybe one of the giant stalls of leather vest patches collapse under it's own weight, but I was on an island, being warm and not entirely sober.

Would have been nice to hang out with moto-folks again, though.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I went to the show and had a good time. The new FireBlade looks really good (if not a bit small from an ergos perspective). Really nothing else new, just fun to fondle the hardware in the middle of winter. It was my first time attending on the Friday, which made it super easy to get around (a lot fewer people there). Met up with friends and bumped into many more friends there. Ended up going out to eat afterward at a (new to me restaurant) the HOFBRAUHAUS with a group of 10+. A great evening!

Revzilla was there offering some killer discounts (20% off online prices) if you ordered from the show, so both Mark and I bought some stuff. I felt like I was living under a rock to learn Revzilla/Cycle Gear/ J&P Cycles are now sister companies. So be aware those who are trying to price shop. Each will continue to operate under their own name however have been acquired by Comoto Holdings. Sorry if this is old news to folks I learned this while at the show.

https://www.revzilla.com/open-letter...cycle-gear-faq
                    https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ires-jp-cycles

Comment

I didn't know that either!
                      Matt J., Appleton
                      2015 Yamaha R3
                      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                      X