Bike ADD, new bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike ADD, new bike!

So my wife and I are planning to take a week long bike trip again this summer...so been bike shopping. Last fall I picked up a 2001 BMW K1200LT on an auction cheap, site on seen. Turns out it hadn;t run in 16 years, lol. Spent the winter fixing it up, got it running and even took a ride through the mindoro cut on it a couple weeks ago. But I just didn't like it for some reason, really I don't know why, it does everything asked of very well, handles well in corners, good power....but just didn't like it. But was planning on taking it on a trip and then selling it. IMG_20200424_094613.jpg
    IMG_20200503_155350.jpg

We out at my inlaws near Sioux Falls SD for a funeral this week...looking at bike ads, and found this listed for about $3k under blue book at dealer. said they had had it awhile and just wanted to get rid of it...they are not a triumph dealer:
    IMG_20200515_160145.jpg
    2013 Triumph Trophy SE. Test road it with the wife, she says while comfort isn't quite as good, she can live with it. So I bought it, lol. I have only rode it about an hour and 15 min back to my inlaws in Iowa....but i REALLY like it so far...much more then the last 2 big bikes I have had. My father in law is hauling it the rest of the way for me next week, as he has some tractor parts to pick up.

So i am going to put the BMW back on an auction, lol

I guess i did spend my stimulus money, lol
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

The Triumph has the correct number of cylinders, that's what!
    John K - Appleton

Comment

Newer gen Wings might fit the bill. But, you knew I would say this. lol

Comment

Yes, they are nice. And I will own one someday. But i like having something you don't see a million of....and I like owning lots of different bikes, doubt i will own this for more then a year or 2 and then will move on....Sort of want to hit 40 bikes by age 50...
        Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

That's a good goal.
          I'm well past your target date, so I gotta live with 7(?) by 50.
          10 by 55. 12 with 2 scooters.

Comment

I need to do 2 a year on average now. On pace so far this year! lol

Comment

Working...
            X