Daytona 200 postponed until October.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 200 postponed until October.

The 200 is postponed until October due to the media induced covid19 panic. Racers and staff were told today.
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 141 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Farrell posted a Facebook live (or whatever the heck it's called) of this happening. Needless to say, people we're not thrilled.

Comment

Really!? Kinda shitty planning. You get all the teams to travel down there and start qualifying, then cancel/postpone. That's f'd up!

Comment

Heresay is that, because NASCAR is cancelled due to Coronavirus, and Daytona is sort of owned (I don't know) by NASCAR, that, if NASCAR can't race, so can no one else at their track.

Seems spurious, but I could see this being a thing. Wonder how this will shake out for CCS regular events. Lets just say I'm not chomping at the bit to get my chores done with this looming.

Comment

Everyone is cancelling events. I was just thinking about the TD season looming and what will happen? They aren't big events, but with everyone panicking who knows.

Comment

They're not big events, but as of right now, anything over 50 people is banned in IL (and a whole bunch of other states) so I'm guessing they're off, but I think most of them are late May at the earliest, so might be fine. It's all a guess at this point though.
            Matt J., Appleton
            2015 Yamaha R3
            Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

It's over 10 in a room here in Madison. The small psychiatric unit I work at has to split patient groups now.
              2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
              2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

is the 50 limit for outdoor events? I can see indoor, as you have close contact indoors.
                TD's might need to limit\cancel classroom time, or have it in the main area with the doors open?

Comment

Looks like it went to 10 in a room statewide (WI) yesterday, until May 10. (for now)

Personally, BHF is out of state. I'd have to sit out of work and burn my PTO or be unpaid for up to 2 weeks just for going out there while all of this is in effect, so there's more at play potentially then whether things are indoors/outdoors. For anyone employed, I'd check on what their policy is as well, then decide how risky you want to be. Though the first MotoVid day is May 20, so that could be fine!

Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

and....Madison (WI) NOW has a website for all of the negative-nellies out there so they can can "report" if they see (or just want to accuse someone they don't like) of having a meeting of 10 people. and do it anonymously!

Imagine all the ex-parents that are in a protracted custody fights and have the 'other one' get reported for this...ya. anonymous. That'll never get abused. Go Madison.

Comment

That is some fucked up shit there
                      Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                      LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

oh, Dane county included. Looks like I get to report Tammy's parents for that beer-bong party !!

https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavi...ering-covid-19

I mentioned this to a couple of our guys in the lunch room ...one guy said - that isn't even ON my list of priorities, so...I'm not responding to that.

Comment

Yeah that was fun. I went down with welldrillerr and serveral others. Races were supposed to be Friday thru Sunday. Friday morning practices were ran and qualifying had just started when there was a delay for timing and scoring issues. That turned out to be a 3-4 hour delay and then they called a riders meeting. I understand the speedway decided to cancel the rest of the weekend, including the AFT races. It was not a CCS decision. I heard that the city had started pulling permits at several different Daytona bike week events as well.

Not sure why it was decided at that time after everyone was there and already setup and on track. We were given a day to get out of the garages, but allowed to stay or camp at the track campground.

Supposedly our track credentials, race entries, and garage reservations will be honored during the rescheduled October event.
                          Jared Herbig Racing - "Like" me on Facebook - CCS #323
                          01' SV650
                          Lockhart Phillips - Vortex - Spears Racing - TSE - Gron4 - Motorex - Woodcraft

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
                            and....Madison (WI) NOW has a website for all of the negative-nellies out there so they can can "report" if they see (or just want to accuse someone they don't like) of having a meeting of 10 people. and do it anonymously!

Imagine all the ex-parents that are in a protracted custody fights and have the 'other one' get reported for this...ya. anonymous. That'll never get abused. Go Madison.

Whats the mayor of Madison's address?
                            Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                            ASRA # 141 EX
                            RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Working...
                            X