• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, Cam broke his own record again
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...-road-america/
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Wow. And the weekend is just starting.

I'm thinking the only way anyone catches him this weekend is a mechanical issue or DNF of some sort. Or maybe if it decides to rain.
      Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post
        I'm thinking the only way anyone catches him this weekend is a mechanical issue or DNF of some sort.
        Matt - I need you to pick my next lottery numbers!!!
        Motovid CR
        2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
        2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
        2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post

Matt - I need you to pick my next lottery numbers!!!
          Haven't had much luck in that area, but we can try! For a modest percentage, of course.
          Matt J., Appleton
          2015 Yamaha R3
          Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

There were a surprising amount of people at the races Saturday. Matt and I tried to generally stay away from crowds but occasionally the need for food arose so... I hope we didn't catch anything. It almost seemed like a lot of people have been trapped inside and this was the long awaited chance to get out.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

Agreed. I was a bit surprised at the attendance on Saturday. I have seen nothing official, but "felt" like a pretty normal crowd.

We'll be camping up there in 2 weeks for Indycar and I have no idea what that is going to be like. Typically that is one of their biggest crowds of the season, so not sure if/how COVID will affect that.
              Motovid CR

Comment

John K - Appleton

Comment

Great race. Nice to see Kyle Wyman do well (had no idea he's also the team owner, that's nuts!) Wish he would've gotten Toni at the end there but Toni is too smart for that last lap ish.

And watch out for Bobby Fong!

Nice thing with RA is that it at least gives you the option to spread out, even at Indycar. Indycar at Mid Oh is going to be sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post
                    Great race. Nice to see Kyle Wyman do well (had no idea he's also the team owner, that's nuts!) Wish he would've gotten Toni at the end there but Toni is too smart for that last lap ish.

And watch out for Bobby Fong!

Nice thing with RA is that it at least gives you the option to spread out, even at Indycar. Indycar at Mid Oh is going to be sketchy.
                    Dunno if you saw, but post race 1 Wyman wound up with third since Toni's pass in Canada was under yellow. Was a good battle either way.

Not only is he team owner, but he builds the bikes, does the marketing, drives the truck...pretty much still has a hand in everything. Race day he has other mechanics/employees of course. Would love to see him grow that team to where he can even have a second rider.

Oh, for anyone who hasn't been to RA in a bit, the inside of Canada Corner now has seating! They used rocks and cut ledges (terraces?) into the hill. Pretty cool. Sitting at the bend is still good to watch the bikes go through, but no screen yet so you can't see anything else, and also no loudspeakers so you can't really hear the commentary very well either, especially if the kart track is in use.
                    Matt J., Appleton
                    2015 Yamaha R3
                    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Dunno if you saw, but post race 1 Wyman wound up with third since Toni's pass in Canada was under yellow. Was a good battle either way.

Not only is he team owner, but he builds the bikes, does the marketing, drives the truck...pretty much still has a hand in everything. Race day he has other mechanics/employees of course. Would love to see him grow that team to where he can even have a second rider.
                      I actually saw that and totally forgot! Hard to look at corner workers when blasting around Canada, even the telecasters missed it.

What is his background? Quite a polymath.

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post

I actually saw that and totally forgot! Hard to look at corner workers when blasting around Canada, even the telecasters missed it.

What is his background? Quite a polymath.
                        Not sure. I know he's been racing for some time, but I don't know what else he's done. I assume it's a mix of his personal drive and just not having the money/support to farm it all out.
                        Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Oh, for anyone who hasn't been to RA in a bit, the inside of Canada Corner now has seating! They used rocks and cut ledges (terraces?) into the hill. Pretty cool.
                          That must be new of of this year! I didn't make it down there on Saturday, but I did see a shot of rock ledge terraces on the TV broadcast and couldn't figure out where it was. We'll have to check it out next weekend.
                          Motovid CR

Comment

Funny story from the track on Saturday. Matt and I are walking around the pits and we got to the area where a bunch of rockerbox show bikes are parked for display. I had my bottle of Diet Dew and took a swig. Inhaled a little dew in my lungs and started coughing. Then I look around and about 6 or 8 people are glaring at me like I'm the grim reaper or something, hahah.
                            John K - Appleton

Comment

Sooo...

I see today that PJ Jacobsen is back home resting from his crash...and mainly the catching on fire part. Says he'll be ready for the next round at Road Atlanta though, so that's good.

Also poked around a bit since I never saw an announcement from anyone, but Jake Lewis wasn't at this round, and he's not with Scheibe Racing anymore at all. Only thing I saw from Scheibe is that they loved having Jake on the team, but he wasn't a good fit for the bike. So it was a 'mutual parting' type thing....

So that's it, there's none of that Kentucky crowd left racing in MotoAmerica for the moment. Roger Hayden is doing announcer work and such for them right now for the support classes but for how long? I dunno, seems weird to me still. Losing Yoshimura/Suzuki/Yamaha factory stuff is all just corporate shuffling to me, but a whole group of guys that were kind of in the MA spotlight before, now all gone without a slow fade and all. It happens, just strikes me more this way. Anywho.
                              Matt J., Appleton
                              2015 Yamaha R3
                              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                              X